(no subject)

NSFW Oct. 3rd, 2009 10:48 am
honooko: ([Arashi] when things go to pieces)
[personal profile] honooko
To people in US (and possibly Canada,)

I found out last night that an old and dear friend, Rob, was diagnosed at the end of July with an aggressive T-cell Lymphoma. Rob needs a bone marrow transplant to survive, and no one in his family is a match.

Rob is one of those people you just like. He's friendly and reliable. I have a voicemail on my phone that I have saved since December 31st, 2005, wishing me a happy new year. Rob is on the list of my big-brothers-who-aren't. And he is dying. He's 23.

Please, please. Visit Rob's site and find out if you are a bone marrow match. You might be the one to save his life.

Date: 2009-10-03 06:36 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] katmillia.livejournal.com
I'm so sorry. :( I will think about signing up for this- but I'm allergic to anesthesia, so the surgery would be hell for me (but I should do it anyway, because you can save someone's life). I hope he finds a match!

Date: 2009-10-03 07:01 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] honooko.livejournal.com
I almost certainly cannot, because they mention you must be within normal BMI range, and I have a BMI of 17; I'm too "underweight". I'm going to do the swab anyway, because any reasonable doctor will know that I'm healthy regardless.

I just hope he finds someone in time.

Date: 2009-10-03 07:05 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] katmillia.livejournal.com
I totally did sign up, so I hope I can help someone, too! :) :) I think my BMI hovers just above 20- I believe that's still "average"?

Date: 2009-10-03 07:40 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] peculiaritea.livejournal.com
I signed up to complete a donor kit and find out if I'm a match! :)
Hopefully a match will be found and Rob can begin recovering. *hugs*

Date: 2009-10-03 11:26 pm (UTC)
sailor: quest ❊ wild & wuzzles ❊ sailor (Default)
From: [personal profile] sailor
I have too many blood issues to donate basically anything ever, but I'm sending this to everyone on facebook. he sounds wonderful and is also a fabulous photographer.

Profile

honooko: (Default)
honooko

きっと大丈夫

Girl, 24. JE fangirl liek woah (BUT NOT KAT-TUN KTHNX), writer, professional actress, English Teacher. Looks like jailbait, but totally isn't. Likes boys, especially when they kiss other boys. Also likes girls, and wouldn't mind kissing other girls. :D Atheist, homeschooled, libertarian. Fandom crack is my lifeblood. Fandom wank really kind of sucks. Has been known to rant, at great length, for no apparent reason. I ♥ Japan, along with half the world. Medicated for manic depression and OCD since age 11, but don't worry, the meds work quite well. Was with your mom last night.

January 2020

S M T W T F S
    1234
567891011
12131415161718
19202122232425
262728293031 

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Sep. 22nd, 2026 03:19 pm
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios