honooko: ([Arashi] Baroo?)
[personal profile] honooko
EDITx2: I haven't updated this post in a long time. Many corrections have been offered in the comments; I'm updating now, but PLEASE READ THE COMMENTS BEFORE OFFERING YOUR OWN CORRECTION! It might already be there.

EDIT: Now public!

[livejournal.com profile] still_ciircee posted some SUPER AWESOME FICBITS here and mentioned that she only knew Aiba's little brother's name. I randomly have a lot of information about their families, so!

Sho's Family
Sho's father is Sakurai Shuuji(sp?), a politician. His mother we believe is Sakurai Yuko (sp?) (Chiyo and I went on a google-fu spree), a professor of English Lit at a women's college (this was the name of a professor of English Lit at a women's college in Tokyo; I don't remember the name of the school anymore, sorry!) His younger sister is five years younger; her name is Mai, and she's done some print modeling. She works at NHK They look very similar! His younger brother Shu is 13 years younger than him. Apparently the Sakurai family have a tradition of naming their boys to all have the intials S.S. Shu is apparently a big Aiba fan. XD

Ohno's Family
Ohno's mom is awesome. Also they look very similar, apparently. His sister Mina is two years older than him; she had a baby (a girl!) in 2006, but I'm not sure if she's married/moved out. EDIT: She is indeed married! Ohno's father is hardly ever mentioned; he's a standard business man of some sort. XD They are all pretty close from the sounds of it, and Ohno spends a lot of time just hanging out with his parents. They kick his ass at Wii Bowling on semi-regular basis.

Aiba's Family
Aiba's mom is kind of amazing too. Aiba's family owns a Chinese Restaurant, and Aiba's father (Katsuhisa) is the head chef. His mom (Makio) is the head hostess. Aiba's younger brother is two four years younger, and his name is Yuusuke. He was allegedly demonic as a kid. He's in training to take over the restaurant so Aiba won't have to. Aiba doesn't live at home anymore, but he goes back to visit a lot.

Nino's Family
Nino's parents got divorced before he joined JE, but we're not sure of exact dates. He lives with his mother (who's name is Kazuko; lol with me fandom) and his sister, who is older by 2 years, has moved out (but seems to come home a lot, because again, Nino mentions her ALL THE TIME XD.) They are a really dorky family, and Nino's nikki entries about them usually have an air of OH MY GOD I AM RELATED TO CRAZY PEOPLE. It's pretty fantastic. His father is/was a professor of Japanese cuisine at a culinary school, which is apparently how Nino ended up with Kitchen Skills. EDIT: And according to a recent interview, his mother was his father's head assistant, hence how they met/ended up getting married. He described it as "forbidden love." XD By Nino's own admission, he's not particularly close to anyone on his father's side of the family, father included. His house is attached to a factory owned by his maternal grandfather that makes windshield wiper arms. EDIT: Nino is also the only boy in his generation of the family, which is also kind of hilarious. Anyone who knows The Only Boy In A Family Of Women probably gets what I mean. XD

Jun's Family
Jun is the most tight-lipped about his family out of all of them. He grew up with his mother, father, and sister (2 years older), but that's pretty much all we know. He moved into his own apartment a few years ago, so he and Aiba are the only ones who don't live with their parents.

So, yes. Everything I know about Arashi's families!
Page 1 of 4 << [1] [2] [3] [4] >>

Date: 2008-09-17 05:09 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] ryogrande.livejournal.com
yessssssssssssss. *bookmarks*

thank you, hoho-sensei!

Date: 2008-09-17 07:56 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] honooko.livejournal.com
I aim to please! :D

Date: 2008-09-17 06:28 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] ohmiya-sg.livejournal.com
You're crazy awesome. :D

Date: 2008-09-17 07:56 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] honooko.livejournal.com
AND NOT OBSESSED. NOT AT ALL. *shifty eyes*

(no subject)

From: [identity profile] nooneloved.livejournal.com - Date: 2009-12-30 10:55 pm (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

From: [identity profile] ohmiya-sg.livejournal.com - Date: 2009-12-30 11:08 pm (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

From: [identity profile] nooneloved.livejournal.com - Date: 2010-01-07 07:49 pm (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

From: [identity profile] ohmiya-sg.livejournal.com - Date: 2010-01-07 07:55 pm (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

From: [identity profile] nooneloved.livejournal.com - Date: 2010-01-07 08:31 pm (UTC) - Expand

Date: 2008-09-17 07:22 am (UTC)
ext_30559: (Default)
From: [identity profile] fluttering.livejournal.com
finally, a comprehensive list! :D

Date: 2008-09-17 07:57 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] honooko.livejournal.com
Maybe I should un-flock it so people not on my flist can access... thoughts?

(no subject)

From: [identity profile] fluttering.livejournal.com - Date: 2008-09-17 08:00 am (UTC) - Expand

Date: 2008-09-17 07:55 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] mutant-cucumber.livejournal.com
Sakurai Shu also does (or used to?) do swimming--my friend's friend or somesuch used to look after him at the swimming place when she lived in Japan. I think sometimes Sho would come pick him up. ._.

Yay Arashi's family tidbits! \:D/

Date: 2008-09-17 07:58 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] honooko.livejournal.com
Sho kind of loves Shu like a lot; he used to make a big deal out of finishing work in time to go home and help Shu with his homework. ♥

sakurai shu

From: (Anonymous) - Date: 2008-10-02 09:36 pm (UTC) - Expand

Date: 2008-09-17 08:02 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] karmade.livejournal.com
wow, infos! Didnt know by names Aiba's parents and info about Yuusuke is new for me :0. And also that Nino's parents was devorsed D: I thinked that his father left family, but never heard facts :( Ah, and his sister moved! Nino wrote that she moved and at her new place she can see Fudji-san from her window XD

Date: 2008-09-17 06:31 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] honooko.livejournal.com
LOL, she must come back home a lot, considering how often Nino mentions her at his house. XD Thanks!

Date: 2008-09-17 01:55 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] nogah.livejournal.com
LOL, KAZUKO, LOL LOL thank you for the info! *bookmarks*

Date: 2008-09-17 06:32 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] honooko.livejournal.com
HILARITY ENSUES!

Date: 2008-09-17 02:04 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] hontowa.livejournal.com
Aiba's younger brother is two years younger, and his name is Yuusuke.

You forgot to add that he's also fat. True facts, Aiba told us this on tv. He's such a kind, loving older brother XD

His father is a professor of Japanese cuisine at a culinary school, which is apparently how Nino ended up with Kitchen Skills.

I'm pretty sure he's a former cooking teacher, but I'd have to go back and find where he said that to be sure.

Also, where did you hear that Aiba's mom's name is "Makio"? That's such an odd name for a woman XD

Date: 2008-09-17 06:33 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] honooko.livejournal.com
The several people who have gone to the restaurant and met her said her name is Makio. I thought it was kind of odd too. XD

Date: 2008-09-17 04:59 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] aatash.livejournal.com
Oooh, lovely compilation, thank you!

Date: 2008-09-17 06:35 pm (UTC)

Date: 2008-09-17 06:12 pm (UTC)
From: (Anonymous)
Sorry for the random comment I found your entry through the Ohmiya Comm's friends page. Concerning Ohno's sister, on the 2002 Hanamaru Cafe appearance, a fan congratulated Ohno on his sister's wedding, so I'd assume that she is married. And his dad works in a company, I think he's a business man of some sort.

Date: 2008-09-17 06:35 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] honooko.livejournal.com
Duly noted and added to the list! Thanks!

Date: 2008-09-17 07:20 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] amefurift.livejournal.com
Lovely list.. yay!

Date: 2008-09-18 08:18 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] honooko.livejournal.com
Glad it's helpful!

Date: 2008-09-17 08:22 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] augustfai.livejournal.com
This list is wonderful! Thank you :D

Date: 2008-09-18 08:18 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] honooko.livejournal.com
No problem!

Date: 2008-09-18 02:03 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] waxrose.livejournal.com
Taking notes! :D Thanks for putting this together.

Date: 2008-09-18 08:18 am (UTC)

Date: 2008-09-18 08:11 am (UTC)
aeslis: (snow-man aiba)
From: [personal profile] aeslis
Nino's also the only one of his generation in the Ninomiya family that's male. He talked about it on Mago Mago once; all his cousins are girls, so his grandfather (no idea which side) was ecstatic that there was finally an heir to his company. ...Then Nino joined JE, so there went that. 8D He's also said his mother jokes about how the Ninomiya line will end with him, since he's not likely to reproduce.

Date: 2008-09-18 08:19 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] honooko.livejournal.com
AHAHA I love Nino's mom so much. It was probably his maternal grandfather, since that's the one that owns the factory (to my knowledge, at least.) Adding the info to the post, thank you!
Edited Date: 2008-09-18 08:20 am (UTC)

(no subject)

From: [identity profile] mitsunoaji.livejournal.com - Date: 2008-09-19 08:29 pm (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

From: [identity profile] rochelle130995.livejournal.com - Date: 2009-12-30 06:27 pm (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

From: [identity profile] angelix123.livejournal.com - Date: 2009-12-30 06:29 pm (UTC) - Expand

Date: 2008-09-28 07:01 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] still-ciircee.livejournal.com
God, I hate Vista. Okay, so to recap: thanks for rounding up this info (and thanks to the comments, too, for adding to it) and (the reason for my attempted edit and total fail): I linked this in the entry--do you mind? Because if it bothers you, I can take the link out.

Date: 2008-09-28 07:08 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] honooko.livejournal.com
Nah, go for it. It's public so it can be linked. XD

(no subject)

From: [identity profile] still-ciircee.livejournal.com - Date: 2008-09-28 07:20 pm (UTC) - Expand

Date: 2008-09-30 06:43 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] laruku05.livejournal.com
OMG this is all sorts of awesome...I didn't know that Aiba's brother was being trained to take overe the resturant...that is so cute XD And I love Nino's journal...the randomness is just <3 And it is so true nobody knows anything baout Jun's family except for nee-san...he's the youngest, but he was the first to move out of his family's house right?

Date: 2008-09-30 09:55 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] kanesu.livejournal.com
Oh my! This is really amazing, all this info in one place! Thank you so much, also for making it public! <3

..and I just sort of randomly bumped into this post while looking for some Ohmiya fics.. O____o
Lucky!

Date: 2008-10-03 10:32 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] likeyesterdays.livejournal.com
Ohno's sister got married to a man who worked/works in the same place as his dad :) Apparently Ohno didn't know that the two of them were dating (although the man visited Ohno's place quite frequently) until one day they went to watch his Butai and Ohno noticed that they were very close.

Date: 2009-12-30 04:49 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] asuran-rocks.livejournal.com
sounds totally like uta no onii-san XD

Date: 2008-10-05 04:46 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] sundaecone.livejournal.com
Awesome! Thanks! ♥

Date: 2008-10-20 12:26 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] devanat.livejournal.com
hm, aiba mentioned, in Wish Secret Talk, that his younger brother is 4 years than him, not two.

Date: 2008-10-24 11:25 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] kegom.livejournal.com
Got here via [livejournal.com profile] still_ciircee's link. ^-^

This is really interesting - truthfully, I'm really divided over how to feel, because on the one hand it is interesting to know where they come from, on the other hand this hits my "eww, stalker!"-squick really, really hard... but then it's always like this with information about their private lives; and at least I got a sort of confirmation on my suspicion that Nino still lives with his mother. ^-^

I'd wondered about that one, because every time Nino mentioned his family in his nikki entries it seemed that he was still living at home; but that one time on Utaban, they pointed out that Sho and Ohno were living at home, but didn't mention anything about Nino doing the same; and in the recent Arashi cross-talk thingy, Jun suggested "Arashi at home" as the topic for Sho and Ohno, because the two live at home; which made me wonder whether Nino is actually still living at home and just keeping quiet about that (embarrassed?), or if he has his own apartment and would rather talk about his family than about that... (maybe those rumour-mags got it right, for once, and he actually has a live-in girlfriend? XD)


The other thing I find interesting is that Ohno's sister is married and has a child. There goes half of my hope for a Sakurai/Ohno baby... ;P (Just kidding, but I do think that a child with Ohno's face and Sho's eyes would be AMAZINGLY cute. ^-^)


Out of curiousity, what does "The Only Boy In A Family Of Women" refer to? I know there've been psychological studies about what effect being raised in female-only families has on boys; but since this doesn't apply to Nino (as he had his grandfather as a male role-model), I don't think that's what you're talking about here. ^^"

Date: 2008-10-26 07:59 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] jliann.livejournal.com
So useful!
Some of these tidbits I never knew until now.

I always thought that Sho lived alone. I remember an article where he mentioned "Travelling home to help his brother with homework" and I took that to mean "from my apartment". I guess it's actually "from work," more like. XD

Thanks for sharing!~

Date: 2008-11-01 03:10 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] ellysa-peach.livejournal.com
hi!!thanks so much 4 the info...

Date: 2008-11-11 10:28 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] yinghung.livejournal.com
Fun and interesting! I think i am half a stalker myself. Putting this is memory if u dont mind. THanks!

Date: 2008-11-23 02:56 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] statr.livejournal.com
amazing research! :D I think I used to have the link of alleged school where Sho's mom was working. The lady mentioned on the site really has Sakurai for her last name and is on the literature department. but then, who knows. :D

Date: 2008-12-21 03:17 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] slashedsilver.livejournal.com
Also, did you know that Aiba's brother is a huge fan of Sho? ;) Got that from an interview on Hanamaru Cafe in 2006. So coincidental!
Page 1 of 4 << [1] [2] [3] [4] >>

Profile

honooko: (Default)
honooko

きっと大丈夫

Girl, 24. JE fangirl liek woah (BUT NOT KAT-TUN KTHNX), writer, professional actress, English Teacher. Looks like jailbait, but totally isn't. Likes boys, especially when they kiss other boys. Also likes girls, and wouldn't mind kissing other girls. :D Atheist, homeschooled, libertarian. Fandom crack is my lifeblood. Fandom wank really kind of sucks. Has been known to rant, at great length, for no apparent reason. I ♥ Japan, along with half the world. Medicated for manic depression and OCD since age 11, but don't worry, the meds work quite well. Was with your mom last night.

January 2020

S M T W T F S
    1234
567891011
12131415161718
19202122232425
262728293031 

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Sep. 22nd, 2026 04:57 pm
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios